Whether you’re just starting your career, planning for a family or looking to buy a house or condo – chances are, at some point, you’re going to need some financial advice. For many Young Professionals “financial advice” usually means way-too-long lectures on the importance of saving. BORING! We understand it’s important, but we also want to know how we can have a little fun, where we can take risks, how to afford the things we want in life – and we want to be taken seriously.
That’s why Young Professionals of Columbus (YPC) is offering an event on Wednesday, Dec. 7 where you can get all that and more. Come learn how you can get your money to work for you. And not from some stodgy old banker – our experts are other Young Professionals who know what they’re talking about.
You’ll leave not only with a better understanding of what you need to focus on, but also with personalized plans for achieving your goals. Oh … and did we mention it’s FREE for YPC members!?
YPC will offer the three tracks below – each will last a half hour. You’ll have a chance to participate in all three and still get home in time for dinner.
WHO: Young Professionals of Columbus
WHEN: Wednesday, Dec. 7 (5:30-7:30 p.m.)
WHERE: Prudential Financial, 4349 Easton Way, Columbus, OH 43219 (Parking located in front of building)
Cost: $0 to members/$5 to non members
1) Investing/Retirement Planning – Seriously, It’s Not Just for Old People
Presenter- Rich Galzarano, Prudential Financial
- Utilizing your company’s 401k
- Identify risk tolerance for investments
- Come with: Familiarity with company benefits package (401k statement if available)
- Leave with: A short term and long term plan to reach personal goals
2) Life Insurance – Because Unfortunately, You’re Not Invincible Anymore
Presenter- Jonathan Codispoti, Prudential Financial
- Why now is the best time to purchase life insurance
- What it can do for you
- Come with: An idea of provisions you would like for dependents/family members
- Leave with: An understanding of the types of life insurance and what best suits your needs
3) Personal Finance – Let Your Money Work for You
Presenter- Sarah Canterbury, Skylight Financial
- Creating and maintaining a budget
- Strategies to improve cash flow and jump start your savings
- Come with: An idea (or specific list) of monthly expenses; current budget if available
- Leave with: A personalized monthly budget sheet to track spending and saving