Buenas... that is short for either morning, afternoon or evening - depending on when you are reading this email! Learn this and much, much more in your very own Spanish class. (This ain't your high school or college Spanish class - it's 100 times more cool and effective!)
YPC will be partnering with a local company to bring you YPCinco de Mayo & Spanish as part of our professional development programs. We decided to combine professional development and good-natured fun into one program which will wrap up the first week of May, just in time to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. That is why we are calling it YPCinco de Mayo & Spanish.
What do you need to do in order to participate?
1. Read the description below to see if this is something you would be interested in.
2. Complete the very brief survey no later than February 22nd.
3. Read the instructions at the end of this survey for next steps.
4. Pat yourself on the back for being a good member and actually taking the survey!
Here are the highlights and benefits of YPCinco de Mayo & Spanish:
• Ohio licensed instructor with current licensure and/or university teaching experience
• Class taught 90% or more in the target language
• Fun, interactive and energetic instruction and activites
• Conversation in each hour of class so you are actually speaking Spanish!
• Basic level reader to assist in pronunciation, vocabulary development and reading comprehension
• Hands-on practice at a local Hispanic business where you will practice your new skills
• Native-speaking conversation partners who will spend 1 hour practicing with you on the last night of class
• Class wil take place at a downtown location one time per week for two hours from 6-8PM over an eight week period
Our newest benefit which is purely optional is... drum roll... 1 semester hour of graduate level college credit via the department of Professional Development at Ashland University! (for an additional charge)
Why should you consider taking this class?
• There are 23 countries around the globe where Spanish is one of primary languages of that nation.
• Spanish is the fastest growing language in the United States with more than 34 million people over the age of 5 speaking it in the home.
• There are over 6 million Spanish-speaking students in the United States making this community the 2nd largest Spanish-speaking in the world, only after Mexico.
• It is the next critical language in business next to English and ahead of Japanese and Mandarin Chinese.
So why not enhance your career skills, your interpersonal communication, your cultural awareness, or even expand your dating pool by speaking another language?
This class is fun and yet it is for the learner who is serious about speaking the language and doing an hour or two of work outside the classroom. That's it - just attend, do some basic studying at home and you will be speaking Spanish in the very first class.
YPC will receive a discount on the classes which will depend upon the number of people signed up.
The pricing is as follows:
10-14 students: $270.00 (10% discount)
15-19 students: $255.00 (15% discount)
20-24 students: $240.00 (20% discount)
The prices above apply to YPC members only for the YPC sponsored downtown program only.
Class will begin the week of March 14th and end the first week of May. In order to pinpoint the day of week for class, we need to hear from YOU!
To start the survey, click here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LHG5TQL
© Young Professionals of Columbus PO Box 16941 Columbus, Ohio 43216 All Rights Reserved.